Tip 3 out of 12: Marketing As A Business Owner. Yes or No?
As business owners, our days can be hectic tackling daily tasks such as managing the office, finances, and customer relations. It is easy to put marketing on the back burner, right? WRONG! On this week’s tip I will discuss why it is important for you to co-market with your marketing rep.
I say this all the time: if you are a business owner, you NEED to go out and MARKET! It is a huge disadvantage for your organization to put all the work on your marketing rep. Here’s why:
1. The Owner’s Impact is 10x greater than your Marketing Rep’s.
- Be the differentiator. If an account sees you on a consistent basis with your marketing rep, that lets them know that their business is important and that you are serious about doing business with them.
2. Owners know how much they can commit.
- As a business owner, you know first-hand what you can or cannot deliver when it comes to making promises to an account. You are the expert of your business; you know the availability you have, if you have a caregiver that is right for a case, as well as if you can commit to a client on short notice. It is for these reasons that you, the owner, is more valuable speaking to social workers or referring accounts.
3. Team Bonding and Developing Relationships.
- Marketing Reps have a high turnover rate due to the lack of communication they have with the owner. For the first six months, go out and market with your rep every week for a half a day. This will allow you to create a strong relationship with them. Once the first six months are over, limit your marketing with them to twice a month. This helps you build trust, a bond, and loyalty with your rep.
Remember, if you aren’t marketing with your rep, another home care agency is. Successful business owners have to plan ahead and be one step ahead of the game when it comes to marketing home care. In order to be successful, you must devote yourself to visit these accounts with your rep. Marketing is your weapon to gain referrals and increase sales.
We hope you enjoyed today’s tip! If you are ready to take your business to the next level, consider some of our holiday deals going on now until Dec 14th. Give yourself the gift of Home Care Marketing Training and SAVE with the following products:
- The Ultimate Referral Package
- Hurricane University
- Boot Camp Trifecta
President and Owner of Hurricane Marketing Enterprises
Steve Weiss has been in Marketing and Sales his entire life. At age 14, he owned “Neighborhood Kids Landscaping Services” where he cared for lawns around his school schedule. While in College, he sold Cutco Knives, and his honors received then were “Top Sales Rep” in 2000, he helped the Middlesex office have its first Million Dollar year in 2001, and ran the number 1 branch in productivity in the company (out of 400 locations) in 2002.
In 2005 Steve joined Care Choice (A Private Pay Home Care Company) and grew it from 16 active clients to maintaining a census of over 100, growing annual revenues from $750,000 to nearly $5 Million in just 4 short years. Eventually, he became Vice President and partner before selling the company to Senior Bridge. During his time there, Steve was recognized 14 for 14 months straight as a Top Sales Person in Inquiries, Starts, and New Revenue.
In June of 2012, Steve founded and became the President of Hurricane Marketing Enterprises where he currently is a Motivational Speaker, Business Seminar Leader, and Consultant/Coach to clients across the country.
Steve is happily married to his beloved wife Susan, and is the proud father of Steven, Sydney and Sienna who are the light of his life. Lastly, Steve went to school to be a Minister and aspires to accomplish that mission as a second career by age 45.
Latest posts by Steve "The Hurricane" (see all)
- Public Webinar: The State of Home Care Entering 2019 - December 14, 2018
- Tip 12 out of 12: The End All Be All - December 14, 2018
- Tip 11 out of 12: What can power partners do with each other? - December 13, 2018