Marketing visits are essential for developing relationships with your accounts. One thing that we can all relate to as business owners, marketers, sales directors, and everything in between is that we occasionally feel awkward when visiting an account. We know we need to see the people at our accounts regularly, but we don’t always have a reason to drop by. In this week’s episode of A Drink with “The Hurricane,” I will give you a quick tip to use when visiting an account.
Home care agencies thrive on the number of referrals received. However, the challenge is that it takes 8-12 visits to create a good relationship with an account. Distributing promotional items is often a win-win situation for both the business owner and the accounts.
Promotional items are great tools to use because:
They Build Relationships
- Walking into an account with a promotional item shows that you have taken the time out of your day for that specific contact. This item gives you a reason to stop by and develop your relationship with them.
They Build Brand Awareness
- Every time someone uses your promotional products, your company name is being seen. It subliminally advertises YOUR COMPANY to all the patients or residents and their families who may see your branding throughout the day.
- When people receive promotional items, they tend to remember who they got them from. This is CRUCIAL for your business to succeed. Remember, accounts refer to those who they know, like, and trust. By handing out promotional items at referral sources, they become constant visual reminders of you and your business.
People love them
- Who doesn’t love a free gift? A useful promotional item creates a positive, lasting impression of you and your company, which helps you to establish the “know, like, and trust” factor.
Distributing promotional items as well as regularly visiting a referral source is the one-two punch that your business needs in order to succeed. If you are interested in learning more tips on this topic, come to the next Hurricane’s Home Care Boot Camp in Denver, Colorado. Steve “The Hurricane” has sold out Boot Camps nationwide and has transformed the lives of business owners across the country. If you are serious about establishing a solid foundation for you and your business, this is an event you won’t want to miss! I look forward to meeting you in Denver, where our team will teach you how to Blow Away The Competition!
President and Owner of Hurricane Marketing Enterprises
Steve Weiss has been in Marketing and Sales his entire life. At age 14, he owned “Neighborhood Kids Landscaping Services” where he cared for lawns around his school schedule. While in College, he sold Cutco Knives, and his honors received then were “Top Sales Rep” in 2000, he helped the Middlesex office have its first Million Dollar year in 2001, and ran the number 1 branch in productivity in the company (out of 400 locations) in 2002.
In 2005 Steve joined Care Choice (A Private Pay Home Care Company) and grew it from 16 active clients to maintaining a census of over 100, growing annual revenues from $750,000 to nearly $5 Million in just 4 short years. Eventually, he became Vice President and partner before selling the company to Senior Bridge. During his time there, Steve was recognized 14 for 14 months straight as a Top Sales Person in Inquiries, Starts, and New Revenue.
In June of 2012, Steve founded and became the President of Hurricane Marketing Enterprises where he currently is a Motivational Speaker, Business Seminar Leader, and Consultant/Coach to clients across the country.
Steve is happily married to his beloved wife Susan, and is the proud father of Steven, Sydney and Sienna who are the light of his life. Lastly, Steve went to school to be a Minister and aspires to accomplish that mission as a second career by age 45.
Latest posts by Steve "The Hurricane" (see all)
- Home Care Marketing: How to Increase Caregiver Retention - May 19, 2017
- Do you have an Exit Strategy for your Home Care Business? - May 5, 2017
- Marketing to Social Workers - April 28, 2017