To market successfully, your business needs a strong backbone. As a Home Care business owner, we both know that your business depends on successful direct referral marketing. As 2017 is quickly approaching, it is essential to draft up a marketing plan for you and your business. In this week’s episode of A Drink With “The Hurricane,” I will show you what you will need to make a successful marketing plan.
A marketing plan is an essential tool for your business. Having one instilled within your business will give you the guidance you will need for success. Having a plan like this will help you become proactive and will keep you on track to achieve your ultimate goal.
In your marketing plan you MUST have several things to succeed:
- A Starting Point: look back to 2016 and ask yourself these important questions:
- What did you do in 2016?
- Did you hit your goal?
- Were you under your goal?
- How far did you miss or exceed your goal by?
- Your Statistics: once you have sat down and looked at your stats ask yourself:
- What were your biggest referral sources?
- Which accounts (and who at these accounts) referred you the most?
- Which referral sources can you count on to have referrals for you so you can start being proactive and plot your business growth?
- Have an Action Plan:
- Do something you have never done before! By taking initiative you are setting you and your business to get results that you have always dreamed of. I always say you must take a chance to set you and your business apart from your competition
- An example of this could be coming to one of our boot camps or signing up for our coaching services.
- Have a Budget:
- It takes money to make money. Determine how much are you willing to spend to generate referrals
- You must invest in the promotion of your business to gain success
- Look at your inside sales process
- Do you like your inquiry management process or is that something you need to work on?
- How about you closing process. Is that working for you or does that need to be revamped?
These are important things to ask yourself when you are creating your marketing plan. Most people don’t even consider these things to have the growth that they desire. If you want a 7-figure business, then you must have the above in your marketing plan!
If you want to find out more way to start 2017 with a BANG, sign up for our Referral Masters Boot Camp, February 8-10th, in Houston Texas. Steve “The Hurricane” has sold out Boot Camps nationwide and has transformed the lives of business owners across the nation. If you are serious about establishing a solid foundation for you and your business, this is not the event you want to miss! I look forward to meeting you in Houston, where our team will teach you how to Blow Away The Competition!
President and Owner of Hurricane Marketing Enterprises
Steve Weiss has been in Marketing and Sales his entire life. At age 14, he owned “Neighborhood Kids Landscaping Services” where he cared for lawns around his school schedule. While in College, he sold Cutco Knives, and his honors received then were “Top Sales Rep” in 2000, he helped the Middlesex office have its first Million Dollar year in 2001, and ran the number 1 branch in productivity in the company (out of 400 locations) in 2002.
In 2005 Steve joined Care Choice (A Private Pay Home Care Company) and grew it from 16 active clients to maintaining a census of over 100, growing annual revenues from $750,000 to nearly $5 Million in just 4 short years. Eventually, he became Vice President and partner before selling the company to Senior Bridge. During his time there, Steve was recognized 14 for 14 months straight as a Top Sales Person in Inquiries, Starts, and New Revenue.
In June of 2012, Steve founded and became the President of Hurricane Marketing Enterprises where he currently is a Motivational Speaker, Business Seminar Leader, and Consultant/Coach to clients across the country.
Steve is happily married to his beloved wife Susan, and is the proud father of Steven, Sydney and Sienna who are the light of his life. Lastly, Steve went to school to be a Minister and aspires to accomplish that mission as a second career by age 45.
Latest posts by Steve "The Hurricane" (see all)
- When and How to Hire a New Marketing Rep - March 24, 2017
- How Much Time Should An Owner or Marketing Rep Spend in the Office? - March 17, 2017
- Hiring And Managing Your Staff - March 12, 2017