Hiring employees is the start of creating a strong foundation for you and your business. As an owner, it is important to maintain a productive and efficient work environment to avoid employee turnover. The key to a successful business is to manage the expectations of your staff. On this week’s episode of A Drink with “The Hurricane,” I have enlisted the help of HME’s Director of Operations/ Business Coach, Nicole Peretti, to discuss the common issue of hiring and managing your staff.
When hiring a new employee, it is crucial to come up with a game plan for them.
- Assign them a specific role.
- Sometimes in the hiring process, it can be hard to give up some control, and trust me, that is understandable. However, it is your job as a business owner to delegate tasks to this individual. By doing this, it will not only keep the new employee busy, but it will lighten the workload on you.
2. Find out what motivates each of your employees.
- What motivates you might be different than what motivates your staff. Some common motivators include money, praise, advancement, security, a challenge, or even time off.
3. Reward your employees.
- Create a goal, and once your employees meet that goal, reward them. This could include a bonus, a night out to dinner, or a day off. Having your employees work towards a goal will keep them focused on each task at hand.
Hiring and managing your staff is essential for your business to grow. If you are interested in learning more staffing techniques, come to the next Hurricane’s Home Care Boot Camp in Denver, Colorado. Steve “The Hurricane” has sold out Boot Camps nationwide and has transformed the lives of business owners across the nation. If you are serious about establishing a solid foundation for you and your business, this is an event you won’t want to miss! I look forward to meeting you in Denver, where our team will teach you how to Blow Away The Competition!
President and Owner of Hurricane Marketing Enterprises
Steve Weiss has been in Marketing and Sales his entire life. At age 14, he owned “Neighborhood Kids Landscaping Services” where he cared for lawns around his school schedule. While in College, he sold Cutco Knives, and his honors received then were “Top Sales Rep” in 2000, he helped the Middlesex office have its first Million Dollar year in 2001, and ran the number 1 branch in productivity in the company (out of 400 locations) in 2002.
In 2005 Steve joined Care Choice (A Private Pay Home Care Company) and grew it from 16 active clients to maintaining a census of over 100, growing annual revenues from $750,000 to nearly $5 Million in just 4 short years. Eventually, he became Vice President and partner before selling the company to Senior Bridge. During his time there, Steve was recognized 14 for 14 months straight as a Top Sales Person in Inquiries, Starts, and New Revenue.
In June of 2012, Steve founded and became the President of Hurricane Marketing Enterprises where he currently is a Motivational Speaker, Business Seminar Leader, and Consultant/Coach to clients across the country.
Steve is happily married to his beloved wife Susan, and is the proud father of Steven, Sydney and Sienna who are the light of his life. Lastly, Steve went to school to be a Minister and aspires to accomplish that mission as a second career by age 45.
Latest posts by Steve "The Hurricane" (see all)
- When and How to Hire a New Marketing Rep - March 24, 2017
- How Much Time Should An Owner or Marketing Rep Spend in the Office? - March 17, 2017
- Hiring And Managing Your Staff - March 12, 2017